totoro;692942 Wrote:
> What a complete load of shit. When you can show a properly blinded and
> controlled test that shows such effects exist, and/or can come up with
> any kind of reasonable hypothesis as to what might cause these effects,
> other than placebo, it might be worth having a discussion. As to adults
> vs children: some of us here work with this technology everyday in a
> non audio context, and probably have bit more of an adult perspective
> on how these things work than you do.
>
> I'd be willing to be that none of the "experts" involved in this
> testing have tried to control any of this by, for example, moving the
> files a couple of times, putting them onto partitions with different
> filesystems, checking before and after defragging, etc. All of this
> would be necessary for the pseudo-empiricism on display here to be
> anything more than the sad cargo-cult imitation of the real thing that
> it so plainly is.
>
> You are essentially demanding that someone _proves_ a negative here,
> which you are just about smart enough to know isn't possible. But you
> do seem dim enough to think that is a clever polemical move.
>
> Sigh. You are a troll and pretty clearly a shill as well.

As we have all said, there is no working hypothesis yet. Only anecdotal
evidence, subjectively reported. For some reason, this makes you fearful
and uncertain and doubtful, and want to hurl rocks.

No-one on this side of the fence is making demands of anyone:
especially of proof: it's just interesting stuff to investigate. The
more you look into it, the more evidentially based and interesting it
becomes. The less you examine it, the simpler it seems and (apparently)
the angrier it makes you.

--
item_audio