Phil Leigh;694157 Wrote:
> I strongly suspect the problem lies with your AV receiver trying to be a
> bit too clever.
>
> You can try trimming the ends/beginnings of offending tracs in Audacity
> or similar.
> The problem doesn't lie with the SB hardware or software, as you've
> seen in your other system.

I think you're exactly right.

It's a long story, but the Album which I ripped was a promo/demo copy,
and now I have a copy of the actual release disc. I've compared the
two, and have found that the commercial release does not have the
inter-track gaps, and also the tracks are shorter - studying the
pre-release copy in Audacity shows that the tracks have long digital
silence leadouts, as well as the inter-track gaps.

For example, on the promo CD, a track reported as 6:19 by my CD player
(and the ripped Flac is also 6:19) is actually 6:17 + 2 seconds
inter-track gap, but on the release disc the same track is 6:09 and no
pre-gap before the next track.

I don't know if it's the inter-track gap, or the long lead-out, or
both, which is causing my receiver to "give up" on the stream. I'm now
ripping the commercial release disc, and will report back.

--
darrell