It is worth studying the seminal work of Ralf Hartley.
Without his work.... Which lead to Shannon/Nyquist... We wouldn't
have:
Sonar, satellite communications, multiplexed fibre optics, mobile
phones, television, space exploration, networking and the Internet
I could go on.

Information Theory in very simple terms says that the following streams
of data contain identical information:

The cat is black
Ttthhheee cccaaattt iiisss bbblllaaaccckkk

Fourier states that sound Frequencies are accurately represented as
varying amplitude of wave functions over time

Nyquist says that for time-continuous functions (e.g audio) , Sound
frequency and amplitude data is captured by sampling amplitude varying
over time at a fixed frequency and that to Ensure the correct level of
information is encoded to accurately allow perfect (not approximated!)
storage, transportation and reconstruction of the INFORMATION, the
sampling frequency must be greater than 2x the highest audio frequency
to be represented.

the cat is black.
To challenge Nyquist/Shannon et al makes no sense. We should be
concerned with reproduction quality, and therefore we should be focused
on how accurately the INFORMATION is converted into audible music, not
on whether or not we have enough information/the correct information.

There is no more USEFUL information in a 192 file compared with a 44.1
file. Which is why there are no published tests showing that anyone can
reliably hear the difference...

There is a lot of USELESS info in some 192 files... The article claims
this might actually be detrimental... And for sure that is feasible if
it isn't filtered out before it hits your amplifiers!!!

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1
DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's,
ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus
Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.