Pippin...

My friend!   Since you are using TWO separate outputs from your
Transporter, your output signal levels are quite different!

This could cause issues overall, but should be evident at any volume
setting...not just loud-vs-soft.   I'm thinking "Fletcher-Munson"
here...

No matter...

Let's try and get BOTH the Subwoofer and Speaker to use the SAME
transporter output!

I understand FULLY that the "audiophile inclination" is to run to mains
"full range"...regardless of limitations in their capabilities.    Let's
for a minute ignore ill-advised truisms, and "High Pass" our mains!

Choose either the Single ended (RCA) outputs from your Transporter, or
the Balanced XLR.     Whichever your Sub supports...

Let your sub (It should have a High Pass output) serve as the
crossover.

Some subs are better than others at this!

In the end, your gains can be:  more "headroom" with your mains.
Lower distortion because the mid-driver isn't trying to reproduce LOW
bass, and an overall improvement in everything!   If it was such a good
idea to run small speakers "full range"....then tweeters wouldn't be
crossed over in any design, and tweeters then would feel the full force
of LOW freqs...and the life shortening consequences that would bring!

We'll figure this out!

:)

--
Curt962

Life is precious.  I've been to the edge, and learned that God is my
friend. Praise Him at every opportunity, and Celebrate every day!