SBGK;698976 Wrote:
> I would agree, TT3.0 sounds pretty awful in my system as well, I found
> it unlistenable. But, things have moved on, the priority settings above
> are a vast improvement on TT3.0 and the Touch default settings, so maybe
> you need to have a triple blind test which include these settings. You
> may want to try commenting out the contents of the kernel and tcp
> section in the TT file as well as there are changes in there that also
> cause the aggressive forward sound.
>
> At the end of the day we are just adjusting settings in a computer to
> give the audio related processes etc the best priorities for what it
> has to do and also reducing noise. TT3.0 was an attempt to do that
> which made the sound too aggressive and forward, maybe it sounded ok in
> Soundcheck's system, but there are ways to tame it and retain the
> benefits.
>
> I would say your donation to Soundcheck was still worth it, you just
> need to realise that it wasn't the finished article.
>
> I have it tuned pretty optimally and the sound is totally transformed
> from the Touch factory settings.

LOL!
Totally transformed sound?

A triple blind test, is that a double blind test using records from
three blind mice?

[image:
http://www.nursery-rhymes.info/Three-Blind-Mice-nursery-rhymes.gif]

I almost tried your "final settings" posted right after your return
from beeing banned. But before i managed to do it, you posted a new
"final settings" .....

I did my blind testing and found my (surprising) answers.
Maybe you should try it too?

Regards

--
NoRoDa