touchup wrote:
> That's how I found out that WAVs at least to my ears sound so
> consistently better. I cannot explain why. I know it shouldn't, but
> there it is.

Don't worry, it drives me nuts what some changes do. I can't explain
them either, the craziest (to me) being the size of the ALSA buffer
which can vary from totally unlistenable to great with sometimes just a
small change, with everything else staying the same. It looks like SBGK
has been looking into that a lot lately...

It takes me minutes to try lots of these things. Trivial. Keep what
works, toss what doesn't, same as I do for everything else...