mlsstl wrote:
> There you go again. Somehow blind testing is critically important in
> endless other areas of science and can produce results that are credible
> enough to find medicines that save lives, but cannot survive the fragile
> psyche of the audiophile. My tears flow at the injustice of it all.

I think you're missing the point. In a more hardcore testing situation,
such as testing a life saving drug, the test subject is not asked
afterwards to give his/her opinion/evaluation. The results of the test
are gathered by doing blood analysis, or by measuring other similar
non-subjective factors that can easily and non-abmbiguously be measured,
not by test subjects filling out a questionnaire.