adamdea wrote:
> Actually psychology has a lot to say about how human beings can delude
> themselves into imagining things which are not there. The problem with
> your flight of fancy is that it is anything but the most economical way
> of explaining the observed phenomena.
> There is no need to postulate an fanciful theory for which there is no
> evidence to explain something for which there is already and entirely
> sensible explanation well understood by the Members of the American
> Psychological Association.
>
> Once again and for the last time audiophiles are not paradigm breaking
> scientific pioneers.

Once again, and for the last time, you are addressing an issue which is
NOT the issue my comments were addressing.  In your haste to beat me
over the head with your impeccable logic, you've apparently neglected to
actually read the comment that I and a few others were addressing.   So
we're clear, that comment was:  "If you don't expect a tweak to make a
change, you're not very likely to apply the tweak".

I took issue with strictly that sentence and was then asked to explain
why I believed that there are some folks in this world (past and
present) that would be extremely likely to try something they (or
someone else) didn't expect to work.  Your comment would certainly have
validity were we discussing a different issue---that of whether the
*result* of trying something (or not) is to be believed-----but it is
not germain to the particular question at hand.