m1abrams wrote:
> DACs can and do sound different.  A lot happens in a dac besides
> converting bits to analog.  They all have different filtering for one.
> There I/V stage can be different that can drasticcaly modify the sound.
> And less to a degree there clocking can effect jitter which may effect
> the sound.

no..they don't. unless you are talking about a shitty design from 1982.

all competent dacs in the past 5 years or so will be
indistinguishable(benchmark, grace, forssell, mytek, crane song, weiss,
prism, dad, steinberg, lynx). nobody, i mean nobody will pass any DBT
showing otherwise.

jitter audibility---
30,000ps for sighted and 250,000ps for blind.