lake_eleven wrote:
> I currently have LMS -> Advanced -> File Types -> all decoders except
> PCM disabled. Do you think setting them to LMS defaults is a better
> option?. I have 30% FLAC, 50% WAV and 20% 24/96 materials.

yes...use the defaults.  And in the meantime, I'd convert all the WAV
files and 24/96 (if not FLAC) to FLAC, and tag them well....  LMS and
Squeezeboxes work very well natively with FLAC files. If you are
paranoid about FLAC files and lossless compression, dbpoweramp can now
do "uncompressed" FLAC as an option, so you have the benefits of FLAC
file format and standard tagging with no compression applied.

(p.s., however you should NOT be paranoid about FLAC lossless
compression, but there are a few folks that believe "old wife's tales"
from the old days of digital....)