Just back from a couple of weeks with my new Linn set up, for a
laugh...

SBGK, you asked back then, does Linn Klimax DS play Spotify. Nope. It
portrays it, perfectly, and for that matter all my other music sources
too, thanks for asking.

I really couldn't have friends / family around for supper and get them
too close to open electrical sources housed in tin-foil and tupperware
for fear of health and safety...

As far as references for your "mods" - well, one of them would have been
from an american mate who rides carpets when not shooting the breeze,
the other, who knows?

And frankly who cares?

Best investment you can make with the SB approach is a comfy pillow,
forget these "mods" and the idiots offering them and just enjoy the
music for what it is. (Or save your time chasing shadows and just invest
in a decent DAC / AMP / Speakers / Listening room).