ralphpnj wrote:
> otherwise why would the audiophile have its collective panties in a knot
> over asynchronous USB?
Beats me, I've always suspected that to be a bit misdirected. Assuming
jitter of this magnitude actually does affect sound quality, I wouldn't
be at all surprised to find USB DACs that fared worse in that respect
than many of the traditional DACs or for that matter the DACs built into
the Squeezeboxes. Somehow it is assumed that because it's asynchronous
it will by definition perform better.
However, my question this time wasn't directed at the alleged impact of
jitter, merely how the OP verified that the mods affected and more
importantly improved jitter.