aubuti wrote:
> Well it definitely does not play a role in the transmission of the data
> via ethernet (or wifi) between the pc/NAS and the SB. TCP/IP has no
> "timing" beyond making sure that enough data gets to the SB on time to
> avoid dropouts (and keeping in mind the Touch's reasonably large
> buffer). If you want to assume that jitter plays a role in TCP/IP  then
> you won't have a fact-based discussion.
As I said - I am no computer engineer, but my statement was regarding
timing in the digital domain in general, not certain parts of the
digital domain.

Thanks to both of you guys for your quick replies.

Do you think a ReadyNAS Ultra 2 RNDU2000 will do a good job?
As I understand, the NAS should preferably be x86 compatible ...