guidof wrote:
> I have done extensive comparisons of EDO 0.6 and 0.7 and for the most
> part agree with your impressions.

Can you confirm the same is true between the two jive_alsa's files I
attached (which are the same as in the two downloads)

> For me and with my system, EDO 0.6 + TT3.0 + SBGK's settings with buffer
> at 999999999 and period count 16 gives the best sound. By "best" I mean
> sound that is well balanced across the frequency range, detailed but
> rich, without too hot a treble, engaging and easy to listen to for hours
> a time. Quite the high-end performance from a <$300 device!

Please restart the squeezeplay application with:

/etc/init.d/squeezeplay restart

Can you confirm the actual buffer sizes this is using (see posts on this
thread on what the debug which is shown the the audio device opens
means) - I think you will find the period time somewhat less than
999999999, but I want to know if you see this being different in the two
cases with the differnet jive_alsa files.  (if you do I will remain
skeptical that this means you can hear a difference!)