Lo,

At 16:21 05/06/2012, you wrote:

trott3r wrote:
> Lo,
>
> At 15:51 04/06/2012, you wrote:
>
> >I had a SB3 and the DACMagic definitely improved on that. When I got
> the
> >Touch I did try the internal DAC briefly, and whilst it was better
> than
> >the SB3, I felt the DACMagic was the best of the three.
>
> <snip>
>
> >To further mess with my head I'm looking at an Audiolab M-DAC or
> 8200DQ
> >as a next upgrade, and use the pre-amp facility, and get myself a big
> >power amp.
>

> I have seen the audio lab DAC as well but its a bit expensive at £600?

snip

> This is the one with the front ports isn't it?
>
> The Rega DAC looks interesting though with 5 inputs (2*coax, 2*optical 1
> usb)
> It has been out for a little while and some are appearing on ebay which
> reduces
> the price to more like my range.

Keep in mind that the Rega DAC's direct USB input implementation only
supports 44.1/48 khz rates.  If you want to fully use Triode's USB
implemenation on the Touch, you'll need a USB/SPDIF converter to allow
up to 24/96 via optical or up to 192 via coax into the Rega.

Yeah its something to bear in mind.
I do however use the SBT locally with a flash drive attached to the usb port.
I could use the SD card slot but its more convenient to use the USB.

I only have up to 24bit 96khz music ATM so I would use the optical or SPDIF
if i got the Rega.

Martin N

Running MorphOS v2.6 (Nov 2010) on Mac Mini, Moderator of MiniDisc,amithlonopen,bwfc Yahoogroups