cfraser wrote:
> ^ lol, I forget why I even said that now. I guess it's obvious you'd
> need a proper/good logic analyzer to monitor an actual design. I was
> probably thinking along the lines of the differences between running
> slightly different code is sufficiently "significant" that it can be
> detected at some distance without any physical contact with the
> computer. Never mind close up. IOW, there ARE physical differences
> manifested when you run different code. This isn't an opinion (for those
> who don't work in the biz).
>
> Without knowing the architecture of the SBT processor etc. I couldn't
> even begin to guess. (I have a lot of ARM development boards here, maybe
> one is similar enough to give me an idea...) But I'm telling you, unless
> you intimately know how code/data is fetched and executed (caches?? and
> their operation), you can't begin to guess what effects an apparently
> minor code change that's logically identical to the previous code might
> have. Chips are designed with limitations. You exceed a limitation by
> (e.g.) one byte and the code may have a completely different execution
> signature. Rather cool to watch on the logic analyzer.

But if understands Triodes point correctly when you set a value higher
than allowed , the code will then execute the maximum value , the very
high value some set is never ever executed it just sits there in a
config file that is read once ?

If we then considers a thing like probability on what is more likely
here :) if you took this to a bookmaker would you place your money on a
real electrical difference in the output signal or cognitive bias .

If anyone that uses EDO and have a suitable soundcard in the PC an audio
diffmaker test could solve it in a jiff,y if X=Y then Y=X tada !