SBGK wrote:
> I am still interested in understanding why the usb irq is being called
> 2000 times a second, is this something that can be reduced or is it
> dependent on the usb device used ? I don't think it can be helping sound
> quality.

Not having interrupts would have a dramatic impact on sound quality - no
sound!  The ehci hardware will generate interrupts one per ms.  I'm not
sure if these get double counted or if there is actually two per ms, but
the linux kernel doesn't change the default interrupt threshold which is
to rate limit interrupts to one per ms.

I'm completely missing the assertion that interrupts will impact sound
quality though - this is cpu activity necessary to make the device work.