SBGK wrote:
> mods,
>
> is it about time to close this thread, comments about sound quality are
> not appreciated and it has turned into a triode appreciation thread.

You may have a point. As of late, the primary focus of this thread seems
to be rooted in your desire to have your personal perceptions validated
as a solid basis for the center of discussion. As you've discovered,
things haven't gone that direction.

There are other audio forums out there that would be more receptive to
your viewpoint, where subjective impressions are treated with the
greatest reverence. Conversely, there are other discussion groups where
your approach would be the fastest method of getting yourself
permanently booted.

I actually find this forum quite neutral on the subject. You've
certainly been allowed your space on the podium, and those on the other
side of the issue have been given their time. There's certainly been a
fair amount of ribbing back and forth, but little of the raw nastiness
that often accompanies open forums. I'd say both the Slimdevices mods
and the participants strike a pretty good balance.

If the thread were to be closed, I'd say the only real reason is that
it's gotten repetitive.