bhaagensen wrote:
> If this is really true, Logitech deserves a huge slap! The Transporter
> is an expensive product so they should positively have some way of
> servicing or repairing - possibly at owners cost - but definetly a few
> years into the future.  Refusing to do this even while at the same time
> *still* selling them (the SE-version) is outrageous! I suggest you
> persist.
>
> Added: I realized I'm mostly echoing most of your post - but I do think
> you should be very insisting towards Logitech, if at all possible.

Sadly this is true.  I requested to speak to a supervisor (denied), then
engineering (denied).  "I am very sorry we no longer support the
Transporter."  So, there you have it, if you buy a Transporter SE, once
it goes out of warranty you are out of luck, it appears.  Just to be
clear, in light of previous posts, this was Logitech US I was talking
to.  Very disappointing, especially in light of the fact, there appears
to be no other vendor that can/will fix the unit.  It pains me that this
unit is headed for the recycle bin.  I suspect a problem in the output
stage, possibly the op amps.  I can't imagine that it can't be repaired.
Frustrating, as I would happily pay for repair.

Rob Stone