Thanks for your detailed and thorough explanation. I always look forward
to reading your posts. I suspected that the difficulty in measuring and
optimizing this spec was the reason that this aspect of S/PDIF behavior
is ignored by manufacturers. One would have thought that by now a few of
the better designers would have addressed this issue. OTOH, I'm sure
that most assumed that all S/PDIF ins and outs adhered to the 75 ohm
spec. I know I did. Does anyone know of any sources or DACs that
actually address this? It seems that the only importance that is given
to this is with regard to the cable and its terminations. The prevailing
wisdom asserts that no RCA termination will give a true 75 ohm result.
Then again if the source and DAC were designed to be impedance optimized
with the RCA jacks then this wouldn't really matter.