SBGK wrote:

> > chill wrote:
> > John
> >
> > I can't tell if you're just being mischievous, but if not, are you
> > seriously suggesting that the mere presence of a powered-up computer in
> > the same house as the hifi will have an audible effect?  That's a bit of
> > a blow for the whole computer-based audio industry.  But moreover, and
> > returning to the OPs point I suppose, are you suggesting that the
> > changes in EMI and mains noise between a computer that's running
> > Fidelizer and one that's not will be audible?
> >
> > I realise that your post is describing a theoretical possibility only
> > (hence the capitalised 'COULD'), but what is the likelihood of these
> > effects being audible in the real world? How bad would your components
> > have to be for such minuscule things to have an impact?  IMO, the
> > plug-pull test is already convincing enough.> >
>
> lol, this really is the tar pit of audiophile forums.
>
> OP, I would try somewhere else for an answer. The author of fidelizer
> posts in a few eg jplay forums, you can ask him directly there.

In what way is chill's reply worthy of this comment? It seems very
polite and balanced to me. Is it because the only posts you can
countenance are ones which confirm your own prejudices? In any case, the
possibility of expectation bias, already mentioned, surely must be
considered at least as likely as possible changes in the electrical
environment, to all but the most blinkered subjectivist.

The possibility that there is a difference between bits streamed to the
SB buffer by a computer running Fidelizer and one not running Fidelizer,
*after* the ethernet cable is pulled is mind blowing - do you understand
what you are suggesting? Please consider explanations based on
psychology, which are orders of magnitude more likely than explanations
based on physics.

As far as asking the developer of Fidelizer for the answer to this, it
would be like relying on Bob Diamond to tell you whether Barclays Bank
was an upright and moral organisation!