lake_eleven wrote:
> Soundcheck, in his thread, suggests using TCPOptimizer's 'optimal'
> settings. Even this does not affect SBT playback?

What is the supposed mechanism for any improvement?

We know the server, even a hopelessly underpowered stressed out server,
gets all the right bits to the Touch, in the right order.

So assuming the supposed mechanism for TCPOptimizer to have an effect is
by improving the 'way' the bits reach the Touch buffer, and hence the
workload/duty cycle of the Touch, then the plug pull test will tell you
if you have a problem that needs fixing in the first place.

If pulling the ethernet plug out of the Touch gives you 30s of audio
nirvana, then your server side setup needs fixing (Fidelizer,
TCPOptimizer, different OS, galvanic isolation, etc etc), but if you
can't hear a difference when you pull the plug, then don't waste your
time.