Whenever I make a change to some part of my music system
(cables,component), I wonder if the sound quality has been affected pro
or con. After experiencing some occasional and infrequent snaps/pops, I
decided to troubleshoot. Luckily, changing out the surge protector has
eliminated the noises. But, now I wonder whether the sound quality has
been altered in some way with this new power surge protector. I don't
think so but being obsessed and possibly paranoid with my system, I'm
not real sure.

So, my question is, can a surge protector influence in anyway the sound
quality of a stereo system? Are there surge protectors that are
specifically recommended for sound systems rather than computer/misc.
protection?
Recommendations, if any?  Thank you.