jezbo wrote:
> Interesting discussion on this going on here:
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?96660-The-Future-of-Squeezebox-Product-Line-Up&p=719644#post719644

Exactly the same discussion as this one and a couple of dozen others in
the forum since it became official that Squeezebox was a dead product.

> The future, if the ecosystem has a future (and I hope it has)

How can it with no active development of the server software on the part
of Logitech and zero interest on the part of anyone else of doing open
source development (or make that: plenty of interest, zero volunteers)?

> looks like it will be VortexBox-like devices for the server end

Solutions at the server end haven't changed at all. But VortexBox
servers will most likely die, since without additional Squeezebox
players being sold, there are no new customers to buy turnkey servers.
Anyone today who has a Squeezebox either has a server or doesn't need
one. And without a commercial incentive to keep the VortexBox server
distro alive, it too will likely receive no further development.