> I have considered that too, but the iPod touch's DAC probably isn't top
> quality, and there doesn't seem to be an option for digital out to pipe
> it through a good one - I will try it though since I have one already. I
> can still use my muso software to control it remotely.

People have mentioned this:

http://www.amazon.com/PURE-i-20-30-Pin-iPhone-Speaker/dp/B0049MOK92

which allows for digital pass thru to your amplifier.

Future Squeezebox players may look like iPod Touches running iPeng and
docked in something like this. Functionality ends up similar to the Touch
in all the important ways and total cost would probably be about what a
Touch costs.

SBB