stop-spinning wrote:
> Perhaps my understanding is wrong here, but I understand that the
> Softsqueeze software can be used instead of a Logitech Receiver.

You can run any of the soft players on a netbook not just SoftSqueeze
but Squeezeplay, Squeezeslave and squeezelite.  Depending on OS and
drivers and players some are better than others at getting audio bit
perfect through a USB DAC.  I trhink Softsqueeze could be the least able
as it uses JavaSound.

Whether you get better audio is up for debate and your ears as many user
put forward arguments as to why PC does not make a for a good player
(e.g. noise from components).