Hello Steve,Dennis in Waterfoot -Glasgow - Scotland here :)

i have recently retired my Logitech Transporter in favour of a Linn
Products Akurate DS

had the Transporter since new and it's been a great streaming device

times move on etc......Linn's DS range including the DSM units are
superb streamers,albeit a wee bit on the pricey side :)

you pays yer money and all that jazz,but Linn have always been on the
higher end of the price range

my Akurate DS is hooked up to Logitechmediaserver via a plugin called
SkweezyDS,and it enables control via my SqueezboxRadio or Duet
controller

get along to your audio dealer and have a listen,it's worth the effort

with the DSM devices you don't need 2 xtra boxes of preamp/amplifier,
which is nice,i've heard the Akurate DSM and it was brilliant

i've been a Linnie for years,starting out with LP12 etc

i live just across the field from the Linn factory,Google Earth it and
you'll see the blue building

good luck in your hifi endeavours Steve

dennis