jh901 wrote:
> I'm not interested in the nasty remarks and namecalling.  Nor am I
> interested in sarcasm and snickering, etc.  Or broad brush bashing of
> hi-end.  We can all participate in an adult discussion and learn from
> our experiences.  My goal is not to sell gear or convince members to
> adhere to some kind of "blind faith".  I enjoy music and reproduced
> sound and I have unique experiences which I'm happy to share.  I don't
> have all the answers either and it is informative to hear about the the
> experiences of others.
>
> PLL = phase lock loop
>
> I'd expect the Transporter to perform better as it is than a Transporter
> split into to two boxes where one box is the source and the 2nd box is
> the DAC (coax digital outs on the source and ins on the DAC).  The
> S/PDIF would introduce problems which would negatively impact the sound
> quality in a meaningful way.  The Transporter, as it is, could be vastly
> improved with a better analog output stage and better power supply.  In
> fact, Modright does offer an output stage.  And I know that the duet
> receiver, for example, has been improved with a better power supply.

Thanks for the reply. Please note that I have not called anyone on this
forum any names, I have called and will continue to call the writers and
editors of various high end audio magazines "clowns" because that is
exactly what they are. They knowingly spread misinformation because that
is what their advertisers demand. They are the publishing business and
not in the business of manufacturing and selling audio equipment. Anyone
with half a brain cannot possibly believe, for even one second, the
notion that the editorial side and the advertising are totally separate
and independent because if you do I have this lovely bridge for sale
real cheap! If the editors can knowingly and willingly lie about things
like USB cables then they can, will and DO knowingly and willingly lie
about the relationship between the editorial side and the advertising
side of their magazines.