ralphpnj wrote:
> Thank you Archimago. Truly amazing work. Very entertaining and highly
> enlightening. What I take away from all these test results is that
> digital audio is really quite different from analog audio and to keep
> insisting on applying the same belief system, e.g. heavy duty and
> expensive cables instead of well made less expensive cables, to digital
> audio is never going to improve the sound. Improving digital audio
> requires a different understanding and different ideas so the sooner the
> audiophile understands this the sooner improvements in digital audio
> will happen.
>
> Thanks again for helping to enlighten all of us.

Thanks Ralph.

I am looking forward to getting the gear together for the Transporter
test in the basement when I have time. I'll likely be doing the tests
with my laptop (on battery) and the power conditioned system downstairs
may give me even better results free from the (electrically) noisy Intel
i7 I've so far been using. Plus I'll get a chance to see what difference
balanced vs. unbalanced off the Transporter makes.