Cool :)

My 0.02€ .

The improved room response would swamp any deficiency by jitter by
several magnitudes .

Aes ebu is not inherently better than any other format it's main purpose
is to actually re use XLR cables in professional studios so the
mythology that aes ebu is superior to spdiff is a myth .

Sean Adams ( who designed the transporter ) have on several occasions
state thats it's actually worse .

Is spdiff not an option ?

But this is probaly very implementation dependent so what you have to do
is measure it :)

Note that the optical provides galvanic isolation .

The 5 - 6 dB better noise levels on Transporter may or may not be
audible , this may depend on noise levels in the rest of the system and
amplifier gain , but if actually can hear the noise getting louder in
listening position you have to much gain .
Also I think that Transporter is actually better than you measured (
should it not be some dB less noise ) you may have reached the limit of
the EMU .
So i'll keep the transporter in the loop as DAC .

How does,the EMU board itself measures ? I realise you can't only
measure it's AD you have to also use it's DAC  ?

What happens if only measure you test rig