I don't like the hi-end business model, but until there is major
consolidation, then some pricing isn't going to make sense to most of
us.  Cary Audio is regarded as a value hi-end firm.  And Focal has scale
and does it all top to bottom in speakers.  It is WAY easy to spend more
than is necessary in this hobby.  At the same time, we tend to fixate on
high prices, regardless of the product.

Spending money is something I take very seriously and I tend to be
pretty good at finding quality for a fair price.  As for audio, I'd
guess I spent a solid 25% discount on MSRP on my system.  I have a
treated room.  I have a genuine sweet spot.  And I have CDs/SACDs that
most don't know exist.