darrenyeats wrote:
> Yes, vinyl masters can easily be better despite vinyl itself being a
> crock. That was the point I was trying to make anyway!
> Darren
>
> Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Perhaps I'm not understanding you - by "crock" do mean all the nonsense
and expense one has to go through to get vinyl playback to sound good?
And there is no denying that digital audio is way more convenient than
analog. For example although my turntable is set up as part of my main
stereo (the Living Room set up in my signature) and when I'm in that
part of my house I often will not put on an LP simply because I don't
want to deal with changing the record every 20 minutes. Cue up some
music on the Transporter and I can listen for hours without changing
anything.

darrenyeats wrote:
> Re: Van Morrison live on CD see my post
> http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1941893
>
> Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

That happens to be one of the records I was referring to. I also saw the
NYC show from Van's 1973 tour. One of the best concerts I've ever seen.