TheOctavist wrote:
> utterly ridiculous.
>
> audiophile products are a rip off.

Feel better?

Isn't odd that some you treat the "audiophile" label with such hate.
Good grief.  There are aficionados of wine, food, cigars and much else,
but the hate you guys have is so misplaced.  Of course there are
gimmicks and sure we aren't going to agree on value or with every review
or advertisement, but generally the products we discuss are designed and
engineered by those who've been passionate about recorded sound since
their tween years.  I'll guarantee right here that some of you would
approach the chief engineers at hi-end firms with an incredible degree
of respect if you met them face to face.

Would be nice if we could have a little civility going forward.

As for Magico, their speakers are very, very expensive but their is a
ton of R&D and great deal spent on parts/manufacturing.  Does this
equate to "the best" sound quality?  Even if yes, then does that mean
"the best" sound quality can't be attained for less?  These are valid
concerns.  But dismissing the guys running the show at Magico is simply
ridiculous and totally lacking in merit.  If you feel the hate, please
keep it off of the AUDIOPHILE section.