SBGK wrote:
> you guys do know you are listening to a computer and not some magic
> fairy box, of course different kernels will sound different and the way
> they are compiled likewise.

I can only assume that by "compiled" you really mean "cooked" because
what I have experienced during my extensive listening tests to various
kernels is as follows, listed worst to best sounding:

16) microwaved canned yellow corn kernels

15) stove top heated canned yellow corn kernels

14) microwaved canned white corn kernels

13) stove top heated canned white corn kernels

12) microwaved frozen yellow corn kernels

11) stove top heated frozen yellow corn kernels

10) microwaved frozen white corn kernels

9) stove top heated frozen white corn kernels

8) microwaved fresh yellow corn kernels

7) stove top heated fresh yellow corn kernels

6) microwaved fresh white corn kernels

5) stove top heated fresh white corn kernels

4) grilled without husk yellow corn kernels

3) grilled without husk white corn kernels

2) grilled with husk still on yellow corn kernels

and finally, by a night and day margin

1) grilled with husk still on white corn kernels

Please understand that these results are not the final say on the is
largely unexplored area of audio, however these results should not taken
lightly unless by that one means lightly buttered. Lots more research
still needs to be done and I welcome any and all input from my fellow
audiophiles. So far we can safely conclude that white corn kernels
cooked by conventional, i.e. not microwaved, methods appear to sound
best.

Please feel free to cross post these findings to any audio related site.