I've had some pretty eye-opening (humbling) experiences with
back-to-back sighted versus blind listening for digital sources. I'm now
convinced the differences are so subtle, it is better to rely on
measurements than sighted listening as a guide to line level equipment.
Also feature set is a key factor too obviously.

I don't apply the same logic to loudspeakers because their job is more
complicated, they work in a variable context (listening space) and
they're subject to on-going debate about psycho-acoustics. So I don't
trust just measurements for loudspeakers. (Also, present loudspeaker
technology is quite compromise-laden compared to our electronics, but
that's perhaps another point.)
Darren

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2