ralphpnj wrote:
> Could it be that Steve Hoffman only seems to remaster classic rock
> albums?

Ralph, why do you direct cheap shots my way?  I'd like you to refrain
from doing so in the future.  I haven't asked for it and I don't treat
anyone here with such disrespect.

The primary focus of my popular collection is "classic" rock just as the
foundation of a jazz collection would be 50s/60s bop, hard bop, etc and
just as the foundation of a classical collection would be the 3 primary
periods from the distant past.  I enjoy the mastering work of Barry
Diament, Kevin Gray, Hoffman and others.  I don't even know who mastered
the first/early pressings in most of my collection, but I know what to
look for.  Most CD "collections" are worthless, both in terms of sound
quality and monetary value, but I've put a great deal of time into
learning how to identify the best mastering work and the CDs which hold
their value for one reason or another.  Most won't care, but some will.