Wombat wrote:
> What Steve Hoffman does with his re-re-releases of old tapes is
> completely different. He makes money with serving the crowd of
> audiophools buying the same recording over and over again even if the
> best sounding version still sounds like shit against recordings that
> were done right from the beginning or with recent equipment, like
> ralphonj already mentioned.

Which of Hoffmans re-releases sound "like shit" compared to which
recordings done right today with recent equipment?

I'm not sure why a few of you are so passionately anti-audiophile.  You
are cutting off your nose to spite your face.  As it pertains to proper
digital mastering of analog tape, you are missing out.

It is also not possible for me to help anyone overcome a case of poor
taste in music who isn't willing to contemplate the subject matter.
There are hundreds and hundreds of rock albums recorded in the 60s, 70s
and into the 80s which, if mastered properly from the original source
tape, will sound FAR different that what most have accepted.

And Ralph, I'd just love to know which rock albums you have in mind
which should be forgotten.  McCartney?  Elvis Presley?  Faces?  The
Doors?

For the record, there is no worship of any kind and that sort of talk
will not move the conversation here forward.