Archimago wrote:
> On Page 7 where I measured the Touch, WiFi strength was around 70%.
> Since I did all the Touch measurements at the same location in my home,
> they'd all be around that value.
>
> If the WiFi is unreliable, re-buffering can surely be an issue and would
> lead to audible problems. However, it would no be accurate to call this
> "jitter" per se since that would not be the "picosecond" imperfections
> in data clocking.

Either the buffer is full or it's not , you get real drop outs if the
wifi cant keep up that is not subtle . As long as it is data in the
buffer it will perform the same .

IME the Touch keep aproximately 30 seconds in a full buffer for lossles
16/44.1 .

On the other hand IME  50% is not good enough for streaming 24/96
especially as PCM you are likely to get dropouts .

BTW do stream as FLAC instead you save almost half the bandwith and as
archimago has measured it makes no difference whatsoever then you might
have a chance to get it going at 50% .( it would not make any difference
even if no one had measured it there is no really plausible mechanism
for this to happen, the idea is so far out that it is up to claimants to
prove this with facts ) .

Personally I would wire two stationary data things :) there is no real
point in using wifi for non portable stuff . Sadly I have not yet
figured how to wire my kitchen player since I moved to a new apartment
:/ I might not stay to long in this apartment and hesitates to drill in
a 30cm supporting concrete wall