garym wrote:
> You've perfectly described most audiophile forums and magazines!!!

The manufacturers are the advertisers for whom the reviewers work and
the users are the people who buy what the manufacturers sell. For
heaven's sake why would either of the first two want anything having to
do with empirical measurements, logic, and common sense to appear on
these forums.

By the way, as far as I can tell the Audiophile section of this forum is
one of the few places where discussions about audio include empirical
measurements, logic, and common sense. The lack of empirical
measurements, logic, and common sense which has become so pervasive in
high end audio is one of the reasons that, although I live in the
greater NYC area, I chose to ride my bicycle today rather than go the
audio show going on this weekend in NYC.