Archimago wrote:
> 1. Happy to look at any references like Darrell mentioned. Remember,
> undocumented opinions don't really go far in these discussions so I tend
> to shy away from them in these debates.
>
> 2. I'm interested in accuracy, not "good sound" since that implies a
> judgment of experience which I obviously cannot be a judge of for anyone
> else. Too many other variables are also part of "good sound" - not the
> least of which is whether the musician was any good!

this is precisely my point.  i do want good sound, and could give a fig
whether it's "accurate" in the engineering sense or not.  I've spent
over 10 years performing real live classical music in major concert
halls in the UK, France, Italy, Germany, and the US.  i know what real
music, and good sound, sound like.

accuracy, in your sense of the term, is completely uninteresting,
musically.