probedb wrote:
> Ahh, the old "I have 40 billion years of experience so you must listen
> to me" argument.

Yes, I believe netchord has used essentially every typical audiophile
response (as is his right since this is a public forum). He's used:

1. I'm experienced in XXXX therefore I have knowledge you may not have.
2. I've listened to your equipment before and personally find it
terrible (therefore implying that if I don't find it terrible, either
the quality of my listening ability or equipment is questionable)
3. I know what I hear (see, feel, etc.)
4. I will ignore/evade all requests regarding any rigorous testing of
what I hear (as it is simply not possible that I am personally affected
by known biases that rigorous tests have identified in similar contexts,
even with experts within their own fields of expertise)
5. I'll occasionally throw in a few well placed curse words to highlight
my indignation in even having to explain how silly all these alternative
explanations are....

I'm sure I've missed a few.