Archimago wrote:
> An example of what looks like upsampled SACDs out there. Unlike video
> where you can see the difference between Blu-Rays and DVDs quite
> obviously, you can't with audio. Many of the SACDs (and by extension
> ripped DSD64 files from these sources) are upsampled...
>
> http://archimago.blogspot.ca/2013/07/list-suspected-44-or-48khz-pcm.html

This such not be an issue for those that purchase their high resolution
digital audio files from HDTracks since HDTracks as been "officially"
sanctioned by both Stereophile and The Absolute Sound as the "go to
place" for high resolution digital audio files. Additionally if one can
manage to acquire DSD files from these SACDs then all will be well since
DSD has also been "officially" sanctioned by both Stereophile and The
Absolute Sound as the best sounding high resolution digital audio file
format. ;)

Side note: While I still maintain my subscriptions to both Stereophile
and TAS (at about $12 each per year, well worth the money just for the
laughs provided) I am finding it increasingly difficult to read through
even a single equipment review without wearing hip waders and having a
very big shovel handy since the BS as now gotten so damn deep. In other
words - DSD my ass!

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos