ralphpnj wrote:
> Once one is wrapped in the cloak of subjectivity (made by the same
> tailor who made the emperor's new clothes) there is no limit as to the
> nonsense who can publish and the profits to be made. The audio rags
> praise and recommend this worthless junk. Then the worthless junk is
> sold with a huge profit margin which then gives the manufacturers plenty
> of money to spend on advertising in the audio rags. As they say, one
> hand washes the other (all while another hand is in your pocket).

At some level, I find the situation comical.  OTOH, when you have this
kind of stuff recommended, and the person who "reviewed" it also writes
columns saying, "It's time to call bulls**t on...", the hypocrisy
demonstrated by that is not funny at all.  They have the choice to
simply remain mum on such issues and products, but they seem to
proactively advocate for obvious frauds like LP demagnetizers and such.
BTW, how does one "review" an audio product that's just some cream in a
jar?  Maybe check to see if it causes chafing when rapidly rubbed onto
certain sensitive areas? :-)