garym wrote:
> Agree!  And I like the fact that Hoffman notes that different could be
> worse sound, even with more expensive cables. Probably a high
> correlation between price and lack of sane design.

On a similar note years ago (at least 10 to 15 years) I was having my
Aragon power amp updated to Mark II status and I had personally brought
the amp to the Aragon factory which was located somewhat near to my
home. At the time the power (mains) cord upgrade craze was in full swing
so I asked the chief designer of the Aragon amp if changing the power
cord would be worthwhile. What he told me was that the stock power cord
was all that was needed and perhaps changing the power cord would result
in a very slightly difference in the sound but that the difference might
not be an improvement just a difference.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos