Just for grins and giggles, even though I would hope you all know which
camp I'm in from other posts regarding whether these type tweaks can
have a effect on the music...

The test of disconnecting the SB player from the server doesn't really
prove that tweaking the server can't affect the sound. The reason is
that the data in the buffer of the SB player had already been "damaged"
by the server before it was delivered to the SB player. just like the
data in this post was "damaged" by my PC before I hit the submit button.
Hey, how did that "j" starting the last sentence get changed to lower
case?? ;-) It wouldn't have happened if I'd cut down on the 100+
processes running on my PC!

2 Duets - 1 for upstairs and 1 for downstairs
Rock Solid with LMS 7.7.3 and WHS 2011