bhaagensen wrote:
> Those of you using WiMP hifi. Thoughts on the sound quality on WiMP
> hifi? Compared to my flac-rips I think their absolutely on par. In fact.
> I'm wondering if sometimes the mastering is a bit quieter? Anyone know
> anything about the origins of the files that WiMP ate using? Or maybe
> you have similar or different experiences?

I don't hear differences in mastering. The good recordings don't need
any replay gain, but most modern pop/rock recordings do. In LMS 7.8 you
can set external streaming level and -5 works fine for me on loudness
recordings.
I agree with you on the soundquality. Absolute super :)

Callesoroe
Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan
Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma
PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
Kitchen: SB-duet, Beresford TC7510 DAC, Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp
speakers.