JJZolx wrote:
> Personally, I'm firmly in the middle on this debate. I don't have golden
> ears, but I can believe it when someone tells me they hear something.
>
> No offense, but I think the real clowns are people who tell others what
> they can or cannot hear.
Agreed.

ralphpnj wrote:

> Why I write what I write is simply because there is absolutely no
> scientific reason, none, for Harley to write the nonsense that I quoted
> in my initial post. The same goes for my other pet peeve - digital audio
> cables, be they coax or USB. A properly functioning digital audio cable
> has absolutely NO EFFECT on the sound of the playback of a digital audio
> file. They only write these lies because that's what the high end cable
> manufactures, one of their main advertisers, want them to write.

Ralph, "put down the sceptre"!
http://movie-sounds.org/fantasy-films-sound-bites/the-avengers-2012/put-down-the-sceptre

Chill dude, he-he. Check out the results especially for 24/96 here
http://archimago.blogspot.ca/2013/02/measurements-logitech-touch-as-transport.html

If you use digital volume control, the signal could easily move 30db
toward the small differences shown in the test, making them less small
in practice. And practice is the only thing worth talking about.

Now, I get it that the coax cable was unshielded and not properly
terminated. But it does demonstrate there exists a physical mechanism
for digital cables to pass data correctly yet measure differently. Hence
"absolutely NO EFFECT" is actually incorrect, as stated.

A year ago, suggesting such a thing would have made me a laughing-stock
anti-science person.

Today, I have a defense - a test Archimago has conducted.

Has physics changed in a year? Think about it. What will next year
bring?

Check it, add to it! http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/richpub/listmania/byauthor/A3H57URKQB8AQO/ref=cm_pdp_content_listmania/203-7606506-5721503.

SB Touch