darrenyeats wrote:
> Whilst most modern sources should deal with jitter in the S/PDIF stream,
> I don't know if all do. So it might be that reducing jitter will help
> the Esoteric.
>
> There might be gains in reduction of PS or other noise (getting rid of
> the Touch's SMPS, or noise transmitted over coax?)
>
> I perceived an improvement when I placed the SBT _by_itself_ behind a
> mains filter (actually I use two phases of filter, a Tacima CS929 and a
> Marmitek FM10U). I believe putting mains filtering between the transport
> using the SMPS (or any other SMPSs on the mains ring) and audio
> equipment using linear supplies, e.g. the K-03, could be very beneficial
> in some cases.
>
> PS: Esoteric K-03 eh ... I heard a demo with active ATCs on the end of
> similar and it sounded stunning!

My SBT has quite an army of supporting casts now:  a custom made linear
PS (connected with a very nice power cable that I have idle) plugged
into an Isotek Orion power conditioner, an ethernet isolator at its LAN
input, an Acrolink digital cable, and it is sitting on a little bronze
platform with spikes that I made for it!

Yes, the Esoteric is quite nice sounding, not to mention super
reassuring in build and reliability.  I'll check if the Esoteric
reclocks incoming SPDIF signal.  If it does, then do you see other
"transport" alternatives that might do better?