jimmypowder wrote:
> Point 1 :I have one location
> that the Mac mini can stay and play music throughout the house , inside
> and outside .in every room .,using
> different amps and speaker wiring throughout the house . Two
> distribution amps to that feed a couple of
> dozen speakers . I can play music inside and outside that is different .
>
> Point 2:: I could remotely locate the " headless " Mac mini via a long
> Ethernet cable within the walls if I wanted
> The cable and switches are already there
> Point 3 : all my files are apple lossless , except some 24/96 files
> which I'll be able to play with a program other
> then itunes .

Just to be clear - the system you described above is NOT a simple
computer->USB->USB DAC->stereo setup that you alluded to in your earlier
post. Rather it more like one of those "whole house" system from the
days before the advent of wireless streaming. All you are doing is
replacing the central tuner/CD player with a Mac Mini->USB DAC setup.

That being said I will acknowledge that the Mac Mini setup can be
remotely controlled via a laptop or tablet so it is step up from the
older "whole house" audio system.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos