mlsstl wrote:
> It is a pity that Logitech abandoned the Touch & Transporter, but
> apparently that is the state of affairs these days for music-only
> players. There is currently no alternative that is as good. I'm looking
> forward to my system to continue running for many years to come.
It is a pity indeed, but it depends on what you mean by that being the
state of affairs for music-only players. Logitech didn't know how to
sell Squeezeboxes. On the other hand, Sonos appears to be doing rather
well. I'm not saying that Sonos is as good as Squeezebox, because in my
opinion it isn't. But for a large chunk of users the weaknesses of Sonos
(eg, lack of extensibility, constraints on library size) are non-issues.